Monday, February 22, 2010

Overdue Music Review: DEATH MAGNETIC by Metallica

What a piece of shit.  I thought I had thrown this album away a couple of days after buying it upon release in Sept. 2008.  Yes, I foolishly thought all the hype about Metallica going back to their 80's heyday roots was accurate.  Bullshit.  They must have virally spread this rumor about a return to form.  The only thing I can say positively about this album is that it's actually better than 2003's horrendous monstrosity known as ST. ANGER. 

Talk about anger...that album made any legitimate fan mad as hell.  Seriously, I listened to that sonic shitstorm twice and decided it had no business being within five miles of any CD player I owned.  I thought about burning it but didn't want to waste the time. 

Okay, so all I can say is this joke of an album is better than the last outing.  But it's still far and away the second most disappointing album I have bought in the last, oh, seven years.  Fucking Metallica.  Retire already!  Iron Maiden, please go kick their ass on behalf of all the fans of metal around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment